We are now recruiting for a Fitness and Leisure Club Supervisor to join our Health & Fitness Club team.
To oversee the running of the department in the absence of the fitness Manager. To provide excellent customer service in all areas of the gym environment, offering professional fitness advice and instruction and ensuring the highest possible standards.
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Hours of Work: Shift Patterns
• The successful candidate will need to acquire NPLQ (Pool Emergency Responder) and First Aid (training will be provided by the Armagh City Hotel)
• Shift patterns to include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and statutory holidays or other holidays.
• Full list of conditions in Terms of Employment and Employee Handbook.
Benefits of working with Armagh City Hotel:
• Complimentary meals on shift.
• Discounted gym/pool membership.
• Free uniform provided.
• Discounted staff, friends and family rate.
• Continued training and opportunity for career progression.
**Armagh City Hotel is an equal opportunities employer
Job Reference FCS/09/23
Closing Date Thursday, 05 October
• To present a professional and courteous attitude to include professional presentation of uniform and hygiene ensuring other members of staff are doing the same.
• To assist the Fitness Manager in all their duties and take responsibility for the running of the department in their absence.
• Aiding the Fitness Manager in the recruitment, training and development of new staff.
• To provide fitness and nutrition advice; carrying out consultations and inductions. Designing and delivering suitable, safe, and effective exercises and training programmes for members both in an individual and group setting.
• To ensure that all gym equipment is used correctly and maintained in line with fitness club policies.
• To assist the Gym/pool/Hotel with upselling of packages and other services. Ensuring real time knowledge of new promotions, rates and packages.
• To manage customer queries and complaints in a professional manner, escalating where necessary.
• To record and report accurately, maintaining records in line with legislation.
• General administration and reception duties.
• To attend all training courses/training meeting and staff meetings.
• To follow water quality testing, pool operations, cleaning/maintenance, chlorine and acid tank procedures at all times (full training is provided).
• To comply with all Safety Rules and Policies and Procedures as outlined in The Employee Handbook.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities the post holder will be required to undertake, any other reasonable duties will be discussed and directed by the Fitness Manager/General Manager.
• A recognised qualification in fitness and personal training level 3.
• A recognised qualification in spin instructor.
• NPLQ and First Aid.
• The ability to work under pressure to achieve objectives within timescales, without compromising accuracy and quality
• Must be extremely organised, with the ability to make intelligent decisions when faced with competing priorities.
• Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Fluent English Speaking
• A recognised qualification in fitness and personal training level 4.
• Previous experience in a similar role in hospitality is desirable but not essential.